Infant Care and Breastfeeding Class - Parents:
This hands-on class will help better prepare you for life with a newborn.
- What to expect after your baby is born:
- How he/she will appear
- What routine procedures you can expect at the hospital/birthcenter
- Basic infant care, including bathing, diapering, cord care, soothing techniques, sleeping and feeding
- Common health concerns, signs of illness and when to call the pediatrician
- Breastfeeding basics: Breastfeeding Support
- First days of feeding, skin-to-skin contact
- How to recognize hunger cues
- Breastfeeding positions and latch techniques
- Signs of success and when to seek help
- Local supports and resources are included
Infant Care and Breastfeeding is a 3-hour class. Beverages and snacks are provided.
When to take: Any time in your third trimester.
Class Cost: $195 for one or two people. This includes the pregnant mom and her partner or support person.
Scheudule & Registration: Click Here